So, we had a sort of itinerary, which Angge and I worked on months ago. But, because life outside of travels got in the way, we set it aside and let the universe work.
And, the universe, as always, did its thing.
We got to see the places we intended to visit, like the Temples of Sukuh, Borobudur, and Prambanan, in Java (plus a lot of bonuses, like the Taman Sari Underground Mosque, the Chocolate Factory, and a jeepney trek to Mt. Merapi), and enjoyed their local food in between. And, I got to chill in and swim in the beaches of Bali. Oh, we caught the sunset, too!
With the many boo-boos that we had, this trip could’ve been one for the books, in a not so good way, as early as the start of morning of day two (forgetting printing Kuya’s ticket altogether, when we thought it was only his boarding pass we had to worry about; not getting what the lady in the booth was talking about; forgetting to Google and call the hotel to find out how to get there; Angge getting serious saying we have to get our act together), haha! Good thing, we were all so cool and chill. We just laughed through most of the trip and celebrated life while meeting awesome people (Indonesians and foreigners alike) and learning about their history and culture. We capped our evenings doing a recount of what transpired during the day and sharing stories about each other, over at least a bottle of Bintang beer each.
Thank you, Angge and Kuya, for being such awesome travel buddies. I had a blast. ‘Til next time!
Below are some of the pictures from the places we visited and, the stories of which I shall be sharing with you in the next few days.
Sunset at Candi Prambanan in Central Java, Indonesia
- Wandering in Wonderful Indonesia: Bakung Beach Resort
- Wandering in Wonderful Indonesia: Candi Borobudur
- Wandering in Wonderful Indonesia: Candi Mendut
- Wandering in Wonderful Indonesia: Candi Sewu
- Wandering in Wonderful Indonesia: Cokelat Monggo, Batik Shop, and Silver Shop
- Wandering in Wonderful Indonesia: Mt. Merapi
- Wandering in Wonderful Indonesia: Puro Mangkunegaran
- Wandering in Wonderful Indonesia: Sukuh Temple
- Wandering in Wonderful Indonesia: Sultan’s Palace
- Wandering in Wonderful Indonesia: Taman Sari Underground Mosque
- Wandering in Wonderful Indonesia: Taman Sari Water Castle
- Wandering in Wonderful Indonesia: How we did it
Liked what you read? Share the love! Follow See ya, Monica on social media to get updates on my recent travels, with tips and a lot of shares on what I got during my trips. Plus, some barely edited photos to give you the most authentic feel of the place. (I do not know how to use Photoshop, and what I can only do are cropping, adjusting brightness and colors the way I remember it):
Thank you! And, in whatever space you’re in now, I hope that you get something from reading my articles.