I’m Monica, a Pinay traveler, writer, and the storyteller behind The Boho Travels.
During a two-year sabbatical for what could be called a quarter-life crisis, I went on a quest to go back to my roots and did a backpacking trip to visit indigenous communities in the Philippines. This made me fall in love with traveling.
To manage my anxiety, I do extensive research and plan my travels meticulously.
My mission? I want to inspire you to travel and create beautiful memories through my well-researched travel guides, tips, and stories – so that when life gets tough, you’ll have a reminder that life is short, but you’ve lived it fully! Read more about my journey (and how you’re a part of it!) by clicking here.
Visiting indigenous communities in the Philippines
- Getting to Tinglayan, Kalinga
- Love and Filipino Hospitality in Tinglayan, Kalinga
- How to reach Buscalan to visit Apo Whang-od
- Meeting the Awe-Inspiring Oldest Kalinga Traditional Tattooist Apo Whang-od
- Kalinga to Mountain Province: Learning how to be an empowered woman while on the road
- Unearthing Bliss in Mountain Province, Philippines
- Experiencing T’boli culture at the Lake Sebu School of Living Traditions
- Beautiful sunset at Chocolate Hills in Bohol
- The exciting adventure of meeting the Eskaya tribe in Duero, Bohol
- The amazing race from Lake Sebu to Cebu to Bohol
- Another Amazing Race: Bohol, Cebu, Leyte, and Samar in 1 Day
- A Lovely Morning in a Rocky Beach in Marabut, Samar
- The Stunning Banigs of Basey, Samar
Weekend getaways near Metro Manila
- Chasing the Beautiful Sunset at Crystal Beach Resort, Zambales
- Weekend Getaway at Flotsam & Jetsam Artists Hostel, La Union
- Art and love at Pinto Art Museum in Antipolo
- Where to stay in Baguio: Peredo’s Lodging House
- Journeying North Luzon: Stay at Microtel Baguio
- Is Brunei worth visiting? Things to do in Brunei for the first time visitors
- Is it worth going to Thailand for a week? Sample Thailand itinerary for 7 days
- Backpacking Chiang Mai & Ayutthaya: 7-day Thailand Itinerary
*The Boho Travels contains affiliate links and is a 12Go partner. If you make a purchase using one of our links, we may receive compensation from the company at no additional cost to you. Read our disclaimer here.